Are you looking for a good preschool for your children ? Is the idea of sending your child away to school worrying for you? Between the huge variety of preschools to choose from and to decide what suits your kid, the idea of your child starting his/ her educational journey is overwhelming. Read on and this will help you in making the right decision.
Is your child ready for Preschool?
Most preschools admit children around the age of 2.5 years. This, however, is not a hard or fast rule. We believe each kid is unique and has a certain stamina which should be considered before admitting him/her. We make sure that your child is emotionally, physically, socially and cognitively ready to participate in structured and educational programs we offer.
The points to ask yourself before committing you kid to any preschool
1. Is your child capable of spending time away from you? If he/she has spent time with a relative or babysitter, they might adjust better.
2. Your child is able to take care of some basic needs, for instance, he is potty-trained, washing hands after painting and before eating, is able to eat without assistance and can sleep alone.
3. Will your child be able to work on projects on his own? We make our students work on arts and crafts projects that require concentration and ability to focus on an individual task. We like to encourage our students to be creative and won’t say no if he needs help. Although we try to make them work independently.
4. Is your child ready to socialize with other children of his age group? This can be an issue for some children under 3, as they are active explorers and not always ready to play with other children. We try to help such kids by gradually introducing them to other kids. Help them interact, participate in group activities.
5. Does your child have the physical stamina to participate in all the art projects, small field trips and playground activities we offer? If he needs little naps during the day, preschool might not be a good idea.
6. One important point to consider is, is your child ready for all the above mentioned activities? If no, you might want to consider daycare. If yes, our doors are open.
Although if you visit us, we can help you in getting your kid ready for preschool. That’s what we are famous for!
Reasons to sign up your kid for preschool:
The points mentioned above are to guide you, so you know what is good for your child. Following are the few of many reasons listed that will make you want to sign up for a good preschool.
1. Preschool provides an opportunity for growth
Preschool is their first experience in a structured setting with teachers and groups of children. It’s an opportunity to learn, to share, follow instructions and begin the foundation for learning that will occur in elementary school.
2. Preschool prepares children for kindergarten
As kindergarten becomes more academic, many parents look to preschool to launch their child on the path to success in school. A high-quality early childhood education program will offer children both, a child’s play time and making sure that he/she is ready for kindergarten.
3. Preschool encourages social and emotional development of children
In order to learn, a young child needs to feel cared for and secure with a teacher or caregiver. High-quality preschool programs nurture warm relationships among children, teachers and parents. And teachers build a close personal connection with each child in their care.
4. Preschool teachers should nurture a child’s curiosity
A high-quality preschool should help in nurturing their curiosity and motivation to learn, teachers use children’s interests and ideas to create activities. Teachers should be instructed to observe, ask questions and listen to children’s ideas during activities. Let the child know that the correct answer is not the aim.
The above mentioned points are just a few of the guidelines we follow. We have all that and much more for your child to grow. So if your child seems ready to broaden his social horizons and interact with other children, chances are it’s the perfect time to start school.